Solving Environment, Safety, and Sustainability challenges since 2003
Since our formation, ESC has advised corporate officers, boards, multilateral agencies and governments,
both regionally and globally, on a broad range of environment, safety, and sustainability related
topics covering a multitude of technical disciplines.
Founded in 2003 by Andrew Young in Singapore, ESC began as a small company that made a big impact on the environmental consulting industry.
The consultants that makeup ESC collectively bring many years of experience to the work we undertake for our clients. To date, ESC has grown into one of the largest locally owned environmental, safety, and sustainability consulting firm with established office locations in Asia including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, India, and Vietnam.
- Initial growth of ESC in 2003-2005 from Singapore’s Petrochemical sector
- Planning & permitting many new investments (BASF, Chevron, Shell, Exxon etc.) into Jurong Island
- ESC, together with the UNDP, worked with Indonesia’s Asian Tsunami Waste Recovery Programme and Livelihood Development Project until 2012
- Planning support for large-scale infrastructure projects such as Jurong Rock Caverns
- Country Level Policy & Technical Studies in Singapore : Air Quality & Hazardous Waste
- Donor sector projects for World Bank, AUSAid, IFC, KFW focusing in solid waste management
Growth in large-scale industrial and infrastructure Environmental Support projects such as Shell’s APAC divestiture programme, ChemOne (world’s largest privately held aromatics complex), roads, railways, industrial developments, and others
Growth in renewable energy
- Malaysia – Over 20 Large Scale Solar projects for submission to Malaysian DOE & EC.
- Singapore – 200Mw of Floating Solar PV Systems
- Indonesia – 20 run of river hydro, geothermal, wind, and solar energy
- Large-scale and high visibility projects such as Kallang Gasworks Remediation, Indonesia’s Abadi Gas Field Development, Sun Cable Project (the world’s largest solar farm, and 2500Km energy cable from Australia to Singapore).
- Growth of data centre support services for numerous clients across APAC