ESC was commissioned by the national water agency to undertake Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) to facilitate the deployment of a 6.7 MWp Floating Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System at Upper Peirce Reservoir.
The client is actively implementing the deployment of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on the roofs of water infrastructure, and on reservoirs to generate renewable energy and reduce carbon footprint.
The scope of works for the EIA is to
- Identify activities and work sites for each phase of the Works including the construction, deployment and operation phases;
- Identify all potential environmental receptors within the vicinities of the worksites at Upper Peirce Reservoir;
- Undertake to scope the EIA with relevant agencies and stakeholders;
- Review the reports of past biodiversity surveys carried out by the Board;
- Prepare the EIA report including mitigation measures and EMMP;
- Engagement of nature groups;
- Public Disclosure of the EIA at the end of the project.